This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Nestled in the picturesque hills and valleys of Southern California, Simi Valley boasts a perfect blend of urban culture and natural beauty. As a family-friendly destination, this charming city is ideal for visitors seeking outdoor adventure, historical intrigue, and a taste of local life. Here are the top 10 things to do in Simi Valley, California.
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum: The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum is a must-visit for history enthusiasts. It houses exhibits showcasing the life and legacy of the 40th President of the United States. Tour the Air Force One Pavilion, see a piece of the Berlin Wall, and explore the immaculate grounds with breathtaking views of the valley.
- Santa Susana Depot Museum and Model Railroad: A hidden gem in Simi Valley, the Santa Susana Depot Museum and Model Railroad offers visitors a glimpse into the city’s past as a thriving railroad hub. The museum features historical artifacts, photos, and a highly detailed model railroad that brings the past to life.
- Corriganville Park: Once a bustling movie ranch that provided the backdrop for many Western films and TV shows, Corriganville Park now serves as a scenic destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Explore its various hiking trails, picnic areas, and interpretive signs that detail the park’s unique history.
- Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center: Catch a live theater performance, musical, or art exhibition at the Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center. This local venue hosts a variety of events, showcasing the city’s thriving arts community and providing entertainment for all ages.
- Rocky Peak Park: For those seeking a challenging hike with rewarding views, Rocky Peak Park is the perfect destination. The park offers numerous trails that wind through the beautiful Santa Susana Mountains, providing panoramic vistas of Simi Valley and beyond.
- Strathearn Historical Park & Museum: Step back in time at the Strathearn Historical Park & Museum, which preserves Simi Valley’s rich history. Tour the authentically restored buildings, enjoy the beautiful grounds, and participate in engaging events and programs that bring the past to life.
- Simi Hills Golf Course: Golf enthusiasts will love playing a round at the Simi Hills Golf Course. This challenging, 18-hole course is surrounded by picturesque scenery and offers a peaceful escape from the city.
- Bottle Village: Explore the eccentric Bottle Village, a unique folk art environment created by Tressa “Grandma” Prisbrey in the 1950s. Made primarily from discarded glass bottles and other recycled materials, this fascinating attraction showcases the power of imagination and resourcefulness.
- Chumash Indian Museum: Discover the history and culture of the Chumash people, who inhabited the area for thousands of years, at the Chumash Indian Museum. The museum features exhibits, artifacts, and interactive displays that provide insight into the lives of the Chumash and their relationship with the land.
- Arroyo Simi Bike Path: Take a leisurely bike ride or walk along the Arroyo Simi Bike Path. This paved, multi-use trail stretches over 12 miles, meandering along the Arroyo Simi creek and offering opportunities to spot local wildlife.
Simi Valley, California, is a delightful destination with plenty of attractions to suit all interests. Whether you’re a history buff, an outdoor enthusiast, or simply looking for a relaxing getaway, this charming city has something for everyone. Be sure to add these top 10 things to do in Simi Valley to your itinerary for an unforgettable experience.