Walt Disney World® Resort will kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” with 24 hours of nonstop fun during a special event May 22-23 at the Magic Kingdom®, hosted by Olaf, the summer-loving snowman from Disney’s blockbuster animated hit “Frozen.”
Magic Kingdom Park will be open 24 hours from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m., Friday May 22, 2015 to Saturday, May 23, 2015*. Guests will be invited to come in costume** to show their Disney Side while a selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, special event merchandise, plus food and beverage are on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort.
During the “Coolest Summer Ever,” guests can get their cool on all summer long at four theme parks and two water parks. Highlights include:
- Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios® June 17-Sept. 7, 2015 as it brings together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf and the citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® – including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Boulevard.
- Cool Thrill Rides – You will also find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks. Don’t-miss attractions include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park; Test Track presented by Chevrolet and Soarin’ at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park; Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Weekends – You will find stars from another galaxy during Star Wars Weekends May 15-June 14, 2015 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney® shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.
- Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout World Showcase at Epcot, which also brings a fresh summery twist on a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.
- A Splash at Water Parks – A cool new deal doubles the fun at Disney’s two iconic water parks – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach. You can purchase a one-day water park ticket and park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.
*Hours of operation: 6 a.m. on 5/22/15 to 6 a.m. on 5/23/15, subject to capacity restrictions. Only select attractions, entertainment and services will be available. Valid theme park admission required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
**Disney characters will be in the parks throughout the day and all night, inviting guests to dress up for the occasion, too. Guests may join the party dressed in costume. Costumes should be child-friendly and adhere to any guidelines determined by Disney.