Marvel Studios announced this Tuesday that Black Panther will be releasing on digital May 8th and on Blu-Ray/4K formats on May 15th. The film is wrapping up a legendary box office reign, becoming the third highest grossing film of all time with a total of over $665 million.
Leading up to the next Marvel Release of Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther has become a cultural phenomenon and crowd favorite. Various collectors editions and packaging will also be available through vendors Target and Best Buy. Here’s a preview of the features exclusive to this home release.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Director’s Intro
- From Page to Screen: A Roundtable Discussion – Delve into the film’s making
- Crowning of a New King – Explore the world of “Black Panther” in all its color and complexity
- The Warriors Within – Get to know Wakanda’s women and the actors who portray them
- The Hidden Kingdom Revealed – Wakanda’s diverse people
- Wakanda Revealed: Exploring the Technology
- Deleted Scenes
- U.N. Meet and Greet
- Okoye And W’Kabi Discuss the Future of Wakanda
- T’Challa Remembers His Father
- Voices from the Past
- Gag Reel
- Exclusive Sneak Peek at “Ant-Man and The Wasp”
- Marvel Studios the First Ten Years: Connecting the Universe
- Director’s Commentary
o In World Wakanda Tourism Ads
- Come to Wakanda “Before”
- Come to Wakanda “After”
In addition to the Blu-Ray announcement, the studio has also released a special featurette, thanking the fans their support over the past ten years of the MCU. You can check out the full segment below!
Avengers: Infinity War is slated to release in theaters on April 27th.