D23, Disney’s official fan club, and ArcLight Cinemas, the premier moviegoing venue in Southern California, will present classic Disney movies every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday throughout the month of August, giving movie lovers the rare opportunity to revisit some of their favorite Disney characters and stories on the big screen.
Adding to the Disney excitement at ArcLight Cinemas, D23 and The Walt Disney Archives have assembled an exclusive collection of classic movie posters from more than 70 years of Disney history. This amazing Disney-themed poster wall will be displayed from July 14 to Aug. 31 at ArcLight Sherman Oaks and ArcLight Pasadena.
Beginning August 2, ArcLight Cinemas will present the Disney classics selected by D23 every Monday at ArcLight Hollywood, Tuesday at ArcLight Sherman Oaks, and Wednesday at ArcLight Pasadena.
The focus is on Disney science-fiction and fantasy films at ArcLight Hollywood, with the following schedule:
· Monday, Aug. 2: Something Wicked This Way Comes (1983)
· Monday, Aug. 9: The Rocketeer (1991)
· Monday, Aug. 16: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
· Monday, Aug. 23: The Black Hole (1979)
· Monday, Aug. 30: Escape to Witch Mountain (1975)
Disney animated classics are in the spotlight at ArcLight Sherman Oaks all throughout August:
· Tuesday, Aug. 3: Cinderella (1950)
· Tuesday, Aug. 10: Pinocchio (1940)
· Tuesday, Aug. 17: Alice in Wonderland (1951)
· Tuesday, Aug. 24: The Jungle Book (1967)
· Tuesday, Aug. 31: Peter Pan (1953)
ArcLight Cinemas newest location in Pasadena will be home to tune-filled Disney musicals every Wednesday in August:
· Wednesday, Aug. 4: Newsies (1992)
· Wednesday, Aug. 11: Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971)
· Wednesday, Aug. 18: Pete’s Dragon (1977)
· Wednesday, Aug. 25: Mary Poppins (1964)
Guests can purchase tickets, reserve seats and print their tickets at home by visiting www.ArcLightCinemas.com. Tickets are $12.50 at ArcLight Sherman Oaks and Pasadena and $13.50 at ArcLight Hollywood. ArcLight members will receive $1 off each ticket when purchased online and printed at home.
At each screening, moviegoers will be treated to Disney trivia and prizes courtesy of D23, the official Disney fan club.
D23 brings the magic to Disney fans every day through the exquisite Disney twenty-three magazine, members-only special events, and exclusive benefits and discounts. Disney fans can become members of D23 by visiting www.disney.com/D23; at select shops at the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World Resorts; and at www.DisneyStore.com/D23. Gold-level D23 memberships are $74.99, and Silver-level memberships – which provide all benefits with the exception of a Disney twenty-three subscription – are just $34.99 a year. All discounts and special promotions are available to both Gold- and Silver-level D23 Members.