This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Disney twenty-three magazine gives readers exclusive sneak previews of three of the most highly anticipated movies of the year in its all-new Summer issue, which premieres April 19 with three different covers to celebrate Disney-Pixar’s upcoming Toy Story 3.
For the first time in its history, Disney twenty-three has created a split run of three covers, featuring three of the most popular characters from the Toy Story movies: Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jessie. Magazines will be shipped directly to Gold-level members of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans; Disney twenty-three is also available at select Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstore locations, online at DisneyStore.com and throughout the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts.
Fifteen pages of Disney twenty-three’s Summer issue are devoted to Disney’s cinematic offerings, and among them readers will find:
• Interviews with Nicolas Cage, Jake Gyllenhaal and Jerry Bruckheimer;
• Photos of such new Toy Story 3 characters as Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear and Mr. Pricklepants;
• Behind-the-scenes photos from the making of Toy Story 3 and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time;
• And, of course, the special cover – each version of which features a striking, close-up image of one of the three stars of Toy Story 3.
While Disney movies are a major part of the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three, the magazine brings many more discoveries from the entire world of Disney.
A five-page article reveals the history of the enormously popular Fantasmic! nighttime extravaganza at Disneyland in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida, and also provides a glimpse at conceptual art from and exclusive details about next year’s debut of Fantasmic! at Tokyo DisneySea in Japan.
Fans of Disney history will be able to travel in Walt’s footsteps – not to mention his ancestors’ – as Disney’s chief archivist Dave Smith travels around the U.S. and Canada to explore the roots of the Disney family.
Additional features in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three include:
• An in-depth look at the documentary Waking Sleeping Beauty, about the second “golden age” of Disney animation;
• Journeys through some remarkably “ahhh-mazing” ways to pamper yourself during a visit to Disney’s theme parks and resorts; and
• Introductions to professional Disney photographers, who share some of the extraordinary images they have taken during their careers.
There’s even more to discover in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three magazine, which is available at select retail locations for $15.95 and delivered free to Gold-level D23 Members. D23 memberships can be purchased online at www.disney.com/D23.