This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Disney Branded Television has revealed new projects and released never-before-seen content for its series and movies across Disney+, Disney Channel and Disney Junior during Disney’s Epic Entertainment Showcase: The Musical: The Extravaganza! at D23 Expo 2022 in Anaheim, California.
The announcements were made by Disney Branded Television President Ayo Davis with some help from the casts and creative teams of current and upcoming series and movies across Disney+, Disney Channel and Disney Junior.
“At Disney Branded Television, we create shows full of magic, adventure, thrill and heart that resonate with audiences around the world,” said Davis. “Our announcements today spotlight the breadth and depth of our commitment to entertaining fans of all ages, across animation, live-action series and movies, unscripted and documentaries.”
Disney Premiere dates and trailers unveiled:
- “American Born Chinese” – first look at the exciting new Disney+ Original series coming in 2023
- “Big Shot” – season two, all episodes streaming on Disney+ on Oct. 12
- “Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur” – debuts Feb. 10 on Disney Channel and shortly thereafter on Disney+
- “National Treasure: Edge of History” – Disney+ Original series set to debut Dec. 14 with two episodes.
- “Prom Pact” – first look at new movie revealed
- “The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder” – season two premieres February 2023 on Disney+ announced with all-new trailer!
- “The Santa Clauses” – Disney+ Original series debuts Nov. 16 with two episodes – first-look teaser released.
Other announcements during the showcase included the following:
- Three new unscripted holiday specials announced for Disney+ streaming this holiday season: “Best in Snow,” an action-packed winter competition event hosted by Titus Burgess; “Pentatonix: Around the World for the Holidays,” following the superstar a cappella group as they work to find inspiration for their annual holiday album; and “The Hip Hop Nutcracker,” a modern reimagining of a holiday classic that fuses the worlds of hip-hop and classical music to put a fresh spin on a beloved tale.
- In season four of “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” after an epic summer at Camp Shallow Lake, the Wildcats return to East High where they will prepare a stage production of “High School Musical 3: Senior Year.” On their first day back, the principal announces that Disney has decided to make the long-awaited “High School Musical 4: The Reunion” movie on location at their beloved high school, and our Wildcats will be playing featured extras in the movie. It’s season four, and it’s now or never.
- New single “Can You Picture That?” from the upcoming Disney+ series “The Muppets Mayhem” released after The Electric Mayhem’s live performance of the musical number – https://disneymusic.lnk.to/Ca
- New details about “Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures” were shared with D23 Expo attendees about the upcoming series and two members of the lead voice cast – Jamaal Avery Jr. and Emma Berman revealed.