Opening weekend features celebrity chef Guy Fieri, the popular television personality and “food dude” who appears on shows such as “Guy’s Big Bite” on the Food Network. Fieri will conduct complimentary food demonstrations on the Festival’s main stage Friday, April 16, and Saturday, April 17.
“Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival is a great time,” Fieri said. “Of course the kids love Disneyland, but now this is something extra for the adults. It’s incredible chefs, great wines from around the world and Disney. You’re gonna dig it. See you there!”
Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival includes experiences for anyone who appreciates the art of food, wine and beer.
- The Hollywood Pictures Backlot comes to life as the new hub of energy and excitement, complete with artists, musicians and an international beer menu at the Brewers Collection. At the new Festival Showplace located in Stage 12, guests will sample from the delicious tapas menu at the Taste of California Marketplace and relax at the new Hollywood & Wine Lounge.
- Among the most popular events at the festival are live culinary demonstrations and autograph sessions with popular celebrity chefs. Along with Guy Fieri and Cat Cora, those scheduled to present include Robert Irvine, Jeffrey Saad and Kerry Simon.
- Hundreds of complimentary experiences and cooking demonstrations will entertain guests during the 46-day festival, many featuring the talents of Disneyland Resort chefs. Guests will also enjoy seminars that feature outstanding wine, spirits and beer.
- At the spectacular ticketed events, food and wine aficionados will collect cooking tips from chefs, mingle with noted winemakers and celebrate the palette of flavors presented by culinary masters.
- Taste Food-Wine-Life: This fun, high-energy evening combines the best elements of the
Food & Wine Festival into one grand celebration, May 29. The immersive party has live entertainment, an outstanding selection of wines and colorful décor. Guests will stroll from station to station sampling delectable food dishes created by the chefs of Disneyland Resort.
- Sweet Sundays: The sweetest of all events features a light buffet breakfast and sparkling toast at the new Festival Showplace in Disney’s California Adventure. Guests will see demonstrations and taste signature desserts created by acclaimed pastry chefs, including Richard Ruskell of Montage Beverly Hills.
- “Taste Wine Like an Expert”: In this entertaining class, Advanced Sommelier Joy Cushing introduces guests to the joys of wine tasting. Guests will learn about wine regions, varietals, growing and harvesting techniques and then test their skills with a blind tasting.