This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Can’t get enough of your favorite snack from Pandora- The World of Avatar? Well now you don’t have to travel 4.4 light years to get a taste of Pongu Lumpia. The Pongu Lumpia brings a fresh and sweet twist to spring rolls. Stuffed with pineapple and cream cheese, this snack is a must try. But now, you can bring it to your own home with this easy recipe.
Pongu Lumpia (Pineapple Cream Cheese Spring Rolls)
10 spring roll wrappers
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups diced fresh pineapple
1/2 cup sugar, divided
Oil for frying
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Carefully separate spring roll wrappers. Cover wrappers with moist paper towel to prevent drying.
3. Cut softened cream cheese into 10 equal pieces.
4. Place one spring roll wrapper on a cutting board. Place one piece of cream cheese in the center of the spring roll and spread evenly on wrapper, leaving a 3/4-inch border around the edges. Add 3 tablespoons of diced pineapple and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
5. Roll one edge of the wrapper towards the center. Fold in both sides and continue rolling. Moisten the edge with water to seal the lumpia.
6. Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers.
7. Place lumpia on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
8. Preheat 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to 350°F. Fry lumpia for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
9. Roll in remaining sugar before serving.
We hope you enjoy this home style twist from Pandora- The World of Avatar. Have you tried the real Pongu Lumpia from Pandora? When will you be trying this recipe yourself?
Source: Disney Parks Blog