This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
In honor of May the 4th, Walt Disney World has just revealed that the highly anticipated Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experience will blast off and make its maiden voyage in 2022, fully immersing galactic visitors of all ages into a Star Wars experience like no other. With the power of the Force, and a bit of Disney magic, fans who take part in the experience will be the first to experience Walt Disney Imagineering’s newest lightsaber, shown in the video below:
This lightsaber, bringing us closer and closer to wielding the most powerful and elegant weapon in the galaxy, is a technological marvel, and one that is just a sneak peek of what’s to come.
Guests will embark on a one-of-a-kind journey, bringing them into the story and right into the middle of the action with a new kind of “story living” as they travel the galaxy in style aboard the glamour-filled Halcyon starcruiser. The journey will include a two-night, two days, and twin sun-filled adventure where they will stay in well-appointed cabins, experience out-of-this-world dining, and have a chance to embark on an adventure-filled expedition to Batuu at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The entire experience will give guests a chance to customize their adventure, interact with characters, crew, and other passengers in exciting new ways. All the while, guests will make their very own Star Wars story, bringing them ever closer to the world of that galaxy far far away. Be mindful of your choices; however, as every decision made has the ability to not only help shape your own story but also has the potential to change the fate of the entire galaxy!
Check out the amazing details below, courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog!
Launch from Walt Disney World Resort
- The adventure begins when guests arrive at the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser terminal at Walt Disney World and check-in for their two-night experience.
- Guests will enter a Launch Pod to begin their Star Wars story. Through windows above, they’ll see themselves leave their world behind as they jump into hyperspace and draw closer and closer to the massive and magnificent Halcyon starcruiser.
- When the Launch Pod docks with the starcruiser and the airlock opens, guests will step into the ship’s main deck Atrium to begin their journey through a galaxy far, far away.
An All-Immersive Experience
- A visit aboard the Halcyon starcruiser plunges guests into a multi-day, interactive story that interweaves with members of the crew, other passengers, familiar Star Wars characters and others. Guests may encounter the starcruiser’s strong and charismatic captain, the ship’s plucky mechanic, heroes of the Resistance or many more as they choose alliances and chart their courses.
- The all-immersive experience features enthralling onboard activities, such as:
- Learning the ancient ways of the lightsaber and facing off against a training remote, where guests may discover their own connection with the Force.
- Visiting the starcruiser’s Bridge to learn about its systems and how to operate them, including navigation and defense – skills that may come in handy during a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
- Guests will find refreshment each day in an enticing supper club known as the Crown of Corellia Dining Room. This bright and welcoming hall will offer breakfast and lunch daily to passengers before transitioning each evening into a lavish multi-course menu of both otherworldly and familiar origins.
- One night’s dinner will feature a live performance from a galactic superstar who can captivate an entire room with the crook of her jewel-encrusted purple Twi’lek finger.
- The journey also includes an excursion to Batuu, where guests can explore the winding pathways of Black Spire Outpost and seek out a hidden Resistance base.
Learning the ancient ways of the lightsaber and facing off against a training remote, where guests may discover their own connection with the Force.
Fun Facts – Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser guests will be the first to see characters like Rey wield a
- brand-new, more realistic lightsaber designed by Walt Disney Imagineering Research and Development to create dramatic in-person moments previously only seen in films or shows.
- Every window in the Halcyon starcruiser – including those in each cabin – has a view of the galaxy beyond, with ever-changing vistas as the ship progresses from destination to destination.
- Guests will be able to explore the starcruiser and perhaps discover hidden spaces deep in the mechanics of the ship – perfect for uncovering secrets … or holding clandestine meetings.
- The Crown of Corellia Dining Room is named for Corellia, the planet known galaxy-wide for the shipyards that created not only the Halcyon starcruiser, but also the famed Millennium Falcon.
- For a limited time, guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios can now see a model of the Halcyon starcruiser on display inside Walt Disney Presents.
For more information and to register for updates, visit www.starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com.
Make sure to stay tuned for all the exciting details and May the Fourth be with you!