Lucasfilm and Disney Interactive launched the all-new StarWars.com experience, the digital destination and first source for all Star Wars film, TV, and video game news. The new site features:
- Long-form articles and videos that go behind the scenes of past, current and upcoming projects
- Exclusive online videos, including a behind the scenes video of the making of Chopper from the upcoming series Star Wars: Rebels, and more to come in the following weeks
- The immersive Databank, an encyclopedia of hundreds of pieces of Star Wars knowledge about characters, creatures, locations, droids and devices.
- Details about upcoming fan events
- Users can log in with their Disney ID to access upcoming special features and digital experiences
- New, simple navigation and design
- Rich, consistent experience across all platforms and devices using the same technology that powers the entire Disney Interactive Media portfolio
Designed for the next generation of Star Wars fans, the new site is built using responsive design technology offering a rich and consistent experience across all platforms including desktop, mobile, and tablet devices and transforms the way Guests discover Star Wars online.
Here is an example video from the new site. (click on the StarWars logo to play the video)
Droid Design: Chopper from Star Wars Rebels Comes to Life on Star Wars Video
Since StarWars.com is part of the Disney network, users can log in with their Disney ID to access upcoming special features and digital experiences. In the coming weeks, fans will see more exclusive videos, in-depth coverage, interactive elements, and community functionality to connect and share with Star Wars fans around the world.
Check out the new StarWars.com experience.
This was first posted on the Disney Interactive blog.