This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Los Angeles landmark and treasured gathering location for locals and tourists, The Original Farmers Market at Third & Fairfax, offers a variety of year-round, family-friendly events open to the public. Festivities are mostly free of charge and diverse, offering something for visitors of all ages looking to have a great time at one of L.A.’s most iconic destinations.
· St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – Thursday, March 17, All Day: Stop by for traditional Irish food and music, including the sounds of Glen the strolling bagpiper from 12:30-3:30 p.m. Magee’s Kitchen will be serving their famous corned beef, cabbage and potatoes. Green beer and imported Irish beers will be on tap, while the West Patio is rockin’ with the sounds of traditional Irish tunes!
· Friday Night Music at the Market – Friday Evenings, May 27–August 26, 7–9pm: Some of L.A.’s finest musicians perform an array of rock, ethnic and pop tunes on the West Patio. The open-air concerts are free. Stores, restaurants and bars are open for your shopping and al fresco dining pleasure.
· 22nd Annual Gilmore Heritage Auto Show – Saturday, June 4, 11am–5pm: Nearly 100 breathtaking American classic cars—everything from customs, to hot rods and trucks—will be on display throughout the Market for up-close viewing.
· Taste of Farmers Market – Tuesday, July 19, 5-9pm.: For one special evening, our merchants take you on a strolling gastronomic and shopping adventure throughout the Market, letting you enjoy delicious food and live music. Ticket info will be available on www.farmersmarketla.com in early June.
Fall Festival – Saturday & Sunday, October 15 & 16, All Day: A favorite Market event for more than 80 years, The Original Farmers Market created the free festival in 1934 to celebrate the harvest and the launch of the then brand new Farmers Market. This year, the age-old tradition continues in spectacular fashion at the Los Angeles landmark, featuring a bounty of live music, a petting zoo, arts and crafts, pie-eating contests, regional farmers and photo-op cut-outs. The two-day celebration runs all day long, each day, with merchants dressed in costume and the Market decorated for autumn.
· Christmas Festivities – December 18-24: The Market is decked out in Yuletide finery to welcome the season. Thousands of holiday lights illuminate the Market along with music, arts and crafts, themed shows, strolling carolers and more.
· Hanukkah Celebration – Tuesday, December 27, 2:30-5pm: The Market welcomes Hanukkah with the lighting of a giant menorah, music, arts and crafts and more.
Additional events may be added throughout the year, so please visit www.farmersmarketla.com regularly for updates.
All Farmers Market events, except for the Taste of Farmers Market, are free. Parking at the Farmers Market is free for two hours with a purchase and validation from any Market merchant.