Knott’s Boysenberry Festival is almos here! This year’s newly-expanded festival will feature over 75 unique boysenberry-inspired creations crafted by the Knott’s culinary team. You will have the opportunity to indulge in a tantalizing line up of dishes ranging from savory foods with a boysenberry twist to one-of-a-kind specialty desserts and drinks that can only be found at Knott’s Berry Farm during this time of the year. During a special media event, we had the opportunity to sample some of the new food items coming to this year’s Boysenberry Festival.
Check-out our Video Preview of the amazing foods that will be available.
You can also enjoy the new boysenberry food items during the festival by purchasing a tasting card priced at $35 which offers eight tastings from a selection of fourteen boysenberry-inspired dishes. A variety of signature boysenberry items will also be available for purchase a la carte. Tasting cards are available at Knotts.com or at the theme park.
This year will introduce several new food items including:
- Flavorful boysenberry dry rubbed flank steak topped with boysenberry cream cheese
- Sweet and tangy boysenberry jerk chicken wings
- Hearty boysenberry chili in a fresh-baked boysenberry sourdough bread bowl
- Tender boysenberry pot roast served over rich and creamy boysenberry mashed potatoes
- Grilled boysenberry BBQ chicken skewers served with a zesty boysenberry aioli dipping sauce
- Boysenberry glazed salmon served on mixed greens and topped with a boysenberry vinaigrette
- Spicy boysenberry habanero baked mac and cheese
- Boysenberry jambalaya prepared with chicken, boysenberry sausage and bell peppers served with white rice
- Boysenberry pulled pork tostada topped with creamy coleslaw and boysenberry drizzle
- Boysenberry-lemon hummus served with pita bread
- Grilled boysenberry sausage on a freshly baked roll topped with boysenberry ketchup, relish, and mustard
- Boysenberry elote, a grilled corn on the cob smothered in fresh boysenberry butter, mayo and topped off with cotija cheese
- Fresh-baked boysenberry waffles served with sweet maple boysenberry cream cheese syrup
- Boysenberry cinnamon sugar tortilla crisps served with creamy boysenberry ice cream
Our favorite was the Boysenberry jambalaya, elote, spicy boysenberry mac and cheese and the jerk chicken wings.
In additon you can home a taste of the boysenberry festival with limited edition merchandise found throughout the park. This year’s new merchandise includes a selection of event apparel, plus new packaged food items perfect for take-home souvenirs like the boysenberry peanut, cashew and pecan brittle, boysenberry hand-dipped chocolate-covered turtles, graham crackers and honeycomb.
Here is a video preview of the new Merchandise.
The Knott’s Berry Market also features signature boysenberry items like the delicious boysenberry BBQ sauce or the classic jams and preserves. Unique boysenberry inspired artisan products will also be available at the Boysenberry Festival Craft Fair returning with 30 local craft vendors.
The Boysenberry Festival runs 31 days starting March 29, operating daily through April 28, 2019.