This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
With anticipation and excitement building for the June 11 premiere of the nighttime spectacular “World of Color” in Disney California Adventure park, several options are in place for guests who want to maximize their day of fun at the park and make plans to enjoy the show that night.
To see the show, guests will obtain a special FASTPASS for “World of Color” or they can select from several Dining and Picnic packages that include reserved viewing.
In addition, a new immersive “Summer Nightastic!” party, “Glow Fest,” will bring added evening excitement for Disney California Adventure guests of all ages. “Glow Fest” will be filled with dancing, music and fun, highlighted by special color, sound and light effects, starting in the Sun Plaza at 6 p.m. nightly and continuing in Hollywood Pictures Backlot until park closing.
“World of Color” will be presented twice nightly throughout the Disneyland Resort “Summer Nightastic!” season, June 11 through Aug. 29 (except June 16-17 when Disney California Adventure will be closed for Grad Nights). Guests will stand during the shows – at 9 and 10:15 p.m. – and they may bring strollers into the viewing area.
FASTPASS for “World of Color”
- The FASTPASS for “World of Color” will be available each morning at the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS terminals. Guests can insert their park tickets into the terminal to obtain a FASTPASS ticket for the show, and they will be assigned a specific show time. As with other FASTPASS attractions, a limited number of passes are available for “World of Color.” When all of the day’s “World of Color” FASTPASS allotment has been distributed, Grizzly River Run terminals will convert back to distributing the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS tickets.
- Guests arriving before park opening to line up for the “World of Color” FASTPASS may park in the Pumba parking lot on Disney Way and, beginning at 7 a.m., gather at the Main Entrance to Disney California Adventure. When Disney California Adventure opens to the public, guests lined up for FASTPASS will be walked into the park and over to the FASTPASS terminals.
In addition to the FASTPASS for “World of Color,” a selection of specially themed dining package options, which include reserved viewing, are available.
“World of Color” Picnic Meals – Available Online or by Walk-up Purchase*
- Beginning June 11, opening day for the new show, guests can go online and order a special boxed picnic meal that includes “World of Color” Reserved Viewing. Picnic meals may be ordered online – www.disneyland.com – or by walk-up purchase, subject to availability, at the Sonoma Terrace, Golden Vine Winery. They are not available for order via the (714) 781-DINE line.
- Online orders may be placed up to 60 days in advance. The meals may be picked up at the Sonoma Terrace from 2 p.m. to up to one hour prior to “World of Color” show time.
- Subject to availability, guests who order Picnic meals online will be assigned to the evening’s first show, and guests who make a walk-up purchase will be assigned to that evening’s second show.
- Picnic meal options include four selections for adults: The All American (cold honey-stung fried chicken), The Taste of Asia (chilled miso-glazed salmon), The European Antipasto (cured meats, regional cheeses, artichoke heart, sun-dried tomato) and The Mediterranean Vegetarian (marinated grilled vegetables in a whole wheat wrap with roasted garlic hummus). Kids’ options include The Junior All American (chicken), The Lunchbox Classic (peanut butter and jelly) and The Little Squirt’s Box (apple wedges, string cheese).
- All picnic meals with “World of Color” Reserved Viewing are priced at $14.99 and must be redeemed for the designated reserved show date and time. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts.
Prix Fixe “World of Color” Dinner Packages*
Prix fixe meals are available at both Ariel’s Grotto and the newly redesigned Wine Country Trattoria restaurants, and they come with “World of Color” Preferred Reserved Viewing. Guests may order from a varied menu of seafood, meat and vegetarian options at Ariel’s Grotto (starting at $29.99 for adults; $15.99 for children) or a selection of Italian cuisine at Wine Country Trattoria ($39.99 for adults; $18.99 for children). Seatings are at specified times and space is limited. Prix fixe meals must be reserved, at 714/ 781-DINE.
Guests who do not obtain a FASTPASS or reserve dinner packages for “World of Color” may still watch the show from viewing locations on the boardwalk side of Paradise Bay.
Music, dancing and “drumming down the sun” will launch “Glow Fest” every night through Aug. 29, beginning at 6 p.m.in the Sun Plaza in Disney California Adventure. After 8 p.m., this newest addition to the Disneyland Resort “Summer Nightastic!” entertainment lineup will move into Hollywood Pictures Backlot, providing the kind of immersive excitement for adults and children alike that can only be found in a Disney theme park.
* Reserved Viewing:
Each guest entering the reserved viewing area must have reserved viewing area admission. Children (ages 3-9) must be accompanied by an adult. Guests may only enter the viewing area during designated times and no early or late admission will be allowed. Guests in large parties may not be guaranteed admission within the same reserved viewing area. Separate theme park admission is required.