This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
The beauty and storytelling of Colombia, the magnificent coastlines and historical sites in Eastern Canada’s Maritime Provinces, plus an enhanced New Zealand itinerary packed with action and adventure welcome guests traveling with Adventures by Disney in 2024.
Headlining the new destinations is Colombia, whose people and cultures sparked the imaginations of Disney storytellers as they created the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Academy Award-winning film “Encanto.” Now, the travel experts at Disney have curated a one-of-a-kind adventure filled with new discoveries and experiences inspired by the film, and families can go “set-jetting” on their dream trip and see the movie come to life.
“At Adventures by Disney we take families to destinations they want to visit around the globe and make it easy to immerse themselves in new places, cultures, and experiences,” said Nancy Schumacher, senior vice president and general manager of Adventures by Disney. “We are excited to include Colombia in our 2024 lineup, as this country has been an inspiration for Disney stories that are loved the world over. I’m proud of our team for thoughtfully crafting an authentic travel experience that celebrates this incredible destination.”
More information about Adventures by Disney, including the full line-up of itineraries in 2024, can be found at AdventuresbyDisney.com.
Ready to book or for more info? Get a FREE VACATION QUOTE now!!
An All-New Adventure to Colombia: Bogota, the Coffee Region, Cocora Valley and Cartagena
On this new adventure, guests will be immersed in the diverse cultures and landscapes, get a true taste of the local cuisine, and discover the unique characteristics and beauty of this destination. The brilliant colors found in neighborhoods and architecture, the lush, green landscapes with towering wax palm trees and a kaleidoscope of butterflies, family recipes, traditional customs and music will surround guests as they embrace the splendor of the second most biodiverse country in the world through access and experiences as only Disney can provide.
From the moment “Encanto” directors Byron Howard and Jared Bush visited Colombia, they felt an immediate connection to the country and its people and knew it would be the home of the Madrigal family.
“Every Disney Animation film begins with research, and the trip we took to Colombia as we were developing ‘Encanto’ with Lin-Manuel Miranda immediately brought the story of this magical place and our wondrous Madrigal family to life,” said Howard and Bush. “Colombia is a crossroads of Latin America, and what we learned about family, tradition, music, food, and dance was central to the development of the film. Our hope was always that ‘Encanto’ could celebrate just some of the many different people and cultures we experienced in Colombia – we are thrilled and touched that so many people have felt seen by the Madrigals’ story and now have this opportunity to experience its magic for themselves.”
Highlights of this eight-day, seven-night itinerary include:
- Visit the capital city of Bogota, where guests will embark on privately guided tours of the Paloquemao Market and Historic City Center.
- Enjoy Colombian coffee and visit a coffee farm in the Coffee Region to see the process for growing and harvesting coffee beans. The nearby town of Salento is part of the inspiration for the setting of “Encanto,” and the Cocora Valley features the tall, towering wax palms and butterflies as depicted in the film.
- Experiencing a hands-on arepa-making class, a traditional Latin American dish showcased in “Encanto” by Mirabel’s mother Julieta.
- Playing the country’s national sport of Tejo, as seen in the film.
- Exploring the city of Cartagena, which inspired the film’s colorful architecture and fabrics. Central to “Encanto” is the Afro-Caribbean influence, prominent in this city.
- Trekking the dry forest near Proyecto Titi, an organization dedicated to the preservation of the cotton-top tamarins, a project supported by the Disney Conservation Fund. It was Colombia’s rich biodiversity that inspired the magical ability of the “Encanto” character Antonio, who has the power to communicate with animals.
- Snorkeling among the Rosario Islands, a collection of 27 islands home to more than 1,300 species of marine animals, vibrantly colored fish and plants.
Each travel party booked on the inaugural 2024 Adventures by Disney Colombia season will receive a signed lithograph of never-before-released artwork from Walt Disney Animation Studios. This piece of visual development artwork by “Encanto” Associate Production Designer Lorelay Bové set the early concept for the new door to Casa Madrigal that would be revealed at the end of the film – a symbol of the new miracle that Mirabel and her family create together through honesty and love. Bové’s work includes such Walt Disney Animation Studios films as “The Princess and the Frog,” “Tangled,” “Zootopia,” “Big Hero 6” and more.
Adventures by Disney is opening new doors, creating even more ways for families to discover a different kind of magic: the magic of the world around them.
For a complete itinerary and list of activities, visit Colombia Land Adventure.
Ready to book? Get a FREE VACATION QUOTE now!!