This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
There is nothing like spending the holidays with your loved ones, creating traditions and making memories. So, why not create some new memories in an unexpected way this summer by celebrating Christmas in July!
To help you add a little merry and some Disney magic to your Summertime Christmas celebration, the team rounded up some of our top picks to ensure even the Scrooges among us will have a jolly time. And, we want to see your festive fun at home with #DisneyMagicMoments and #ChristmasinJuly.
Ho-Ho-Hope you enjoy our picks:
1 – Deck the Halls with DIY Décor
While we are all for busting out your artificial tree, try these DIYs to add some yuletide to your festivities. Plus, when your summer celebration is done, pack them up to reuse this holiday season:
- Create a Flurry of Mickey Snowflakes
- Make your own Mickey Snow-Mouse
- Add a Mickey Centerpiece to your Holiday Meal
- Make a Mickey Holiday Pom-Pom Wreath
- Trim your tree with these Mickey-Inspired Marbled Glass Ornaments
- Create a Mickey Mouse Felt Ornament with help from our friends at D23
If you need decoration inspiration, see these relaxing scenes from our Disney Parks around the world or check out the real pros on “Great Christmas Light Fight” with shorts on ABC.com.
2 – Break out your Holiday Pajamas!
Snuggle up in your holiday pajamas and watch your favorite festive film, we recommend this holiday line up from Disney+:
- The Santa Clause
- Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Decorating Disney – Holiday Magic
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Babes in Toyland
3– Light the Fire…
…or in this case the virtual Disney Parks Blog Yule Log. If a virtual fire is a little too warm for you during the summer, try setting the holiday mood with this scene of snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
4– Bake all the Holiday Cookies
Spending the day baking cookies with the family is a favorite holiday tradition for many. Here are a few classics, and classics with a twist, to add some cheer to the occasion:
- Gingerbread Cookies from the Bakery at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Gingerbread Bundt Cake from Central Bakery at Disneyland Resort
- Disney Parks Blog Inspired Sugar Cookies
- Plant-Based Cookie Fries Recipe from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
- And for the adults, A Disney Cruise Line Christmas Cookie Cocktail
5– Stir up some Hot Chocolate
The perfect complement to holiday cookies is hot chocolate! If you are looking for a twist on the traditional hot chocolate, try the white-hot chocolate with cinnamon marshmallows from last year’s Disney California Adventure Festival of the Holidays. Yummy! Click here for the print at home recipe.
6– You Decked the Halls, now Deck your Tech!
7– Turn Up the Tunes
No #ChristmasinJuly celebration could be complete without a holiday soundtrack. Try turning your favorite merry melodies into a reindeer game by challenging your friends and family to remix them into different musical styles, just like our friends at Radio Disney:
8- Settle in for Christmas Content
You don’t have to wait until December to cuddle up with your love ones to watch some great Christmas content! The DisneyNOW app, has tons of festive on-demand offerings to get you in the holiday spirit! Here are just a few your kids are sure to enjoy:
- Disney Junior Nursery Rhymes: The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special
- Disney Junior Nursery Rhymes: Jingle Bells
- Disney Junior Nursery Rhymes: Deck the Halls
- Holidays Unwrapped: A Disney Channel Music Event
Or check out this Classic Christmas Storybook From the Disney Vault and our friends at D23.
Bonus Stocking Stuffer
An as our Christmas in July gift to you, here’s a sneak peek at some of the new holiday-themed merchandise, including a first look at “Holiday Magic at the Disney Parks,” a new book celebrating the holidays from fall to winter at the Disney Parks around the world.
But, the best gift of all is unwrapping some fun with your loved ones this summer and a chance to make new memories in an unexpected way at with at-home Christmas in July activities.
We hope you enjoyed this list of ways to add holly-jolly to your Christmas in July celebration. Don’t forget to share your festive fun and holiday happenings with #DisneyMagicMoments and #ChristmasinJuly.
And for more holiday fun check out Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas Instagram account.
*This info was posted on the Disney Parks Blog.