This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Los Angelenos still have another chance to ring in the new year with a special cultural event at LA’s favorite gathering place! To celebrate the most important day of the year on the Chinese calendar, and the beginning of the Year of the Rat, The Original Farmers Market will be hosting a Lunar New Year celebration on Sunday, January 26, from 2-5pm.
Festivities will include a chalk art presentation, balloon twister, dragon puppet craft station, Chinese calligraphy, lion dances, a Kung Fu demonstration, and a performance by local illusionist Joseph Tran. Perfect for the whole family, the afternoon will see the Market Plaza come alive with culture, movement, and “Lucky 8” specials on food and merchandise.
Sunday, January 26, 2:00-5:00 PM
- 2:00 – 5:00 PM: Lunar New Year Chalk Art Presentation
- 2:00 – 5:00 PM: Balloon Twisting
- 2:00 – 5:00 PM: Chinese Calligraphy
- 2:00 – 5:00 PM: Dragon Puppet Craft
- 2:15 – 2:30 PM: Lion Dance
- 2:30 – 2:45 PM: Hiza Yoo Korean Fan Dance
- 3:00 – 3:30 PM: Wushu Shaolin Kung Fu Demonstration
- 3:30 – 4:00 PM: Joseph Tran Magic Show
- 4:00 – 4:15 PM: Hiza Yoo Korean Fan Dance
- 4:30 – 4:45 PM: Lion Dance Finale
*schedule subject to change
The Original Farmers Market is located at 6333 W 3rd St. Los Angeles, CA 90036 Phone: 323-933-9211
Visit https://www.farmersmarketla.com/ for updates and more info on Lucky 8 Specials.