This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Disney’s Club Penguin, the #1 virtual world for kids, is calling players to help save a galaxy far, far away in the most anticipated event in Club Penguin history, the Star Wars™ Takeover Event. Starting on July 25, members can train to become a Jedi Master, thwart Darth Herbert and destroy the Death Star. While they battle to save the galaxy, members can dress up in costumes inspired by their favorite Star Wars characters like C-3PO, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Darth Vader and Princess Leia. In the three-week-long event, there will be more penguin costumes than any previous party, as well as three new mini games.
“The Force is strong with the Club Penguin community, and Star Wars is by far the most requested event we have ever seen from our fans.” said Chris Heatherly, Vice President and General Manager, Disney Interactive Worlds. “This is the biggest takeover in Club Penguin history with an epic size and scope!”
When the Millennium Falcon lands on Club Penguin Island, players are called to enlist in the Rebel Alliance to save the galaxy from Darth Herbert’s sinister plans. Players must fly to Tatooine for extensive training, where they will duel with other Jedi hopefuls to earn points and exclusive items as they level up. During their Jedi training downtime, players can explore and role-play in new Star Wars themed party rooms including the Cantina, Sandcrawler, Lars Homestead and Mos Eisley.
Once enough players have joined the Rebel Alliance, the newly trained penguins can travel to the Death Star and search for Darth Herbert’s secret plans. Players that are lucky enough to find Darth Herbert’s plans must then fight TIE fighters in an all-new X-wing themed mini-game to try and destroy the Death Star once and for all. If the Death Star is destroyed, players will collect the Rebellion’s highest honor, an exclusive, out-of-this-world, award medal.
During the Star Wars Takeover Event on Club Penguin Island:
- Members can acquire a galaxy of Star Wars inspired styles, including a C-3PO mask, Chewbacca mask, Luke Skywalker costume, Han Solo costume and Princess Leia hair.
- Members who are training to become a Jedi Master can collect exclusive Jedi robes and cloaks, multi-colored Lightsabers, an Obi-Wan Kenobi cloak and beard, Darth Vader helmet and costume and more!
- Members can nab an exclusive costume only in the My Penguin app starting on July 25.
- Everyone can blast Stormtroopers, navigate puzzles and pilot X-wing fighters in the three all-new Star Wars mini-games.
- Members can rule the galaxy from the comfort of their very own space station igloo, and decorate their new homes with items like the Emperor’s Chair, Radar Screen, Tatooine House, Droid Cleaning Station, Death Star Archway and more.
- Princess Cadence, and Obi-Wan Sensei guide players through the event to thwart Darth Herbert, who will zoom in for visits and convince players to come to the dark side.
A galaxy of adventures await at ClubPenguin.com.