This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Beginning September 20, this beloved musical adventure returns to select theaters for a special limited engagement, only this time viewers are encouraged to become a part of the story. This unique engagement marks the debut of Disney Second Screen Live, a new second-screen technology that allows audiences to engage with the film, each other and their fellow audience members.
By simply downloading the free “Second Screen Live: The Little Mermaid App” to an Apple iPad or iPad mini and bringing their Mermaid-loaded devices to participating theaters, fans and families can interact with the film, play games, find hidden treasure, sing along, and compete with the audience for the chance to win great prizes!
This brand new, magical theatrical experience starts on September 20 at the following theaters:
· City Center 15: Cinema de Lux; White Plains, NY
· Farmingdale Multiplex Cinemas; Farmingdale, NY
· Arclight Beach Cities; El Segundo, CA
· Arclight Sherman Oaks; Sherman Oaks, CA
· Muvico Thousand Oaks 14; Thousand Oaks, CA
· AMC Empire 25; New York, NY
· AMC Garden State 16; Paramus, NJ
· AMC Burbank 16; Burbank, CA
· AMC Downtown Disney 12; Anaheim, CA
· AMC Bay Street 16; Emeryville, CA
· AMC Town Center 20; Leawood, KS
· Century Huntington Beach and XD; Huntington Beach, CA
· Cinemark West Plano and XD; West Plano, TX
· Carmike Wynnsong 16; Knoxville, TN
· Carmike 15; Columbus, GA
And a special run is taking place at the El Capitan theater in Los Angeles, CA on Sundays & Thursdays from September 15th through October 13th.
For more information about The Little Mermaid: Second Screen Live! theater screenings, locations and ticket purchases, visit http://movies.disney.com/the-little-mermaid/second-screen-live . Tickets are now available for purchase online or at the box office of participating theaters.
To download the FREE “Second Screen Live: The Little Mermaid App,” visit the iTunes Store. (iPad or iPad mini with iOS 5.0 or higher is required.)