February is here, which means love is in the air and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner at Downtown Disney District. From a brand-new Star Wars shop to the return of outdoor dining and special Valentine’s treats, there’s something special for everyone to enjoy.
Star Wars Trading Post and WonderGround Gallery
Star Wars Trading Post, which Disney previewed last month, will open in its new location (the former Rainforest Cafe) on Feb. 19, and WonderGround Gallery also re-opens that day with its unique collection of housewares and fashion items!
Star Wars Trading Post becomes your go-to place for all things Star Wars. The design is inspired by a hidden jungle Resistance base and the merchandise offers something for every traveler on their galactic journey – with new collections and even a Paddy Frog light-up sipper!
Be sure to check out the new Child-inspired streetwear collection, with designs inspired by “The Mandalorian” series on Disney+. This all-new collection inspired by Grogu, aka the Child, features t-shirts, leggings, hats and more.
Looking for a fun way to spend your “credits”? Try the Batuuan Spira*, a themed Disney Gift Card available at Star Wars Trading Post and good for spending at select participating locations throughout the Disneyland Resort. The Batuuan Spira is a keepsake that’s both fun and useful.
For Legacy Passholders, there will also be a limited-time magical extra opportunity for Star Wars Trading Post. Visit Disneyland.com/LegacyPassholder for details.
Outdoor Dining is Back!
You can enjoy outdoor dining once again in the Downtown Disney District at locations including Naples Ristorante e Bar, Uva Bar & Café, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Tortilla Jo’s and Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes. Ballast Point Brewing Co. has opened its relaxing beer garden, offering the Ballast Point burger, ahi poke, soyrizo & roasted cauliflower tacos and seasonal fare.
Starting Feb. 5, outdoor dining returns to Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining on Buena Vista Street, plus Smokejumpers Grill and Award Wieners. At select restaurants in Downtown Disney District, you can now book reservations at Disneyland.com or on the Disneyland app!
Special Valentine’s Themed Treats!
- Invite someone to be yours with a “Bee Mine” apple, enrobed in red chocolate and decorated with white and dark chocolate with a cute little chocolate bee, available now through Feb. 14 at Marceline’s Confectionery and Trolley Treats on Buena Vista Street.
- Kayla’s Cake macarons are so pretty, it’s easy to say: “Just as beautiful as you” when presenting a premium box of six with flavors including rose champagne heart, sea salt caramel and mango dragon fruit.
- What makes a meal from Earl of Sandwich complete? Heart-shaped cookies and brownie desserts paired with a sandwich and a drink.
- And you can’t go wrong with a Red Velvet Cake Batter Shake on the patio at Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes.
Give a “bundle,” a necklace or new nuiMOs
- Ballast Point Brewing Co. is offering two Valentine bundles for beer lovers: The Single and The Taken, presented in red Ballast Point buckets.** See location for details and here’s a hint: crowlers!
- Stop at Sugarboo & Co. for a sterling silver necklace from the Air Mail collection. Each necklace comes with an envelope to mail your gift to a special someone, with a message of your choice.
- Looking for something rad for your loved one? Look no further than Curl Surf for the latest in beach styles.
- Pink Minnie Mouse ear headbands and Alex and Ani bracelets are sure to please. Or introduce a friend to new Disney nuiMOs, available at World of Disney and Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop. You’ll adore these miniature character plush, and they have outfits and accessories for a fashionable twist!
- The Disney fan in your life will treasure something to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Disney California Adventure park. A limited assortment, including t-shirts with the anniversary logo, will be available starting Feb. 8 at World of Disney and Elias and Co.