This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Marvel Entertainment in conjunction with Disney Consumer Products (DCP) unveils an action-packed product collection to celebrate Marvel’s epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, in theaters August 1, 2014. Best-in-class licensees including Hasbro, LEGO, Disguise, Her Universe, Café Press, Mad Engine, Just Play, KidDesigns, Hot Wheels, Rubie’s, C-Life and Jay Franco as well as The Disney Store and more have teamed up for an assortment of action figures, plush, playsets, role-play, costumes, and 80’s nostalgia-inspired lifestyle products that leverage the unique storytelling in the new Marvel franchise. From authentic character voices that bring electronic figures to life along with custom spacecraft builds and interactive battle gear, guardians of all ages will be able to immerse themselves in the intergalactic action.
“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy introduces exciting characters and vehicles unlike anything seen in previous Marvel films. These elements were embraced by partners who immediately saw the potential to create out-of-this-world products that appeal to fans of all ages,” said Paul Gitter, senior vice president, Marvel Licensing.
An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits—Rocket, a raccoon with a space-blaster, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand—with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which first appeared in comic books in Marvel Super Heroes, Issue #18 (Jan. 1969), stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, featuring Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, with John C. Reilly, Glenn Close as Nova Prime Rael and Benicio del Toro as The Collector.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy products are available now at national retailers, specialty stores, Marvel.com, Disney Store locations nationwide and DisneyStore.com.
Highlights from the product line include:
Figures, Plush & Playsets:
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Battle FX Star-Lord Action Figure by Hasbro ($19.99): The leader of Marvel’s new super-team is geared up for battle in this 12-inch scale electronic figure – voiced by Chris Pratt!
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Big Blastin’ Rocket Raccoon Action Figure by Hasbro ($29.99): When Rocket Raccoon starts blasting, stand back or hang on for the ride. His blaster carries quite the punch with a spinning light-up barrel that shakes Rocket with its powerful recoil! With multiple weapon sounds and an entire galaxy to protect, Big Blastin’ Rocket Raccoon won’t be finished fighting for a very long time!
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Rocket Raccoon Plush by Just Play ($24.99): Rocket Raccoon is sure to be the new breakout Super Hero from Marvel’s upcoming film Guardians of the Galaxy. This super soft plush truly brings him to life in his unique uniform and styling.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Playsets by LEGO ($19.99- 74.99): Help Star-Lord fend off Ronan in the The Milano Spaceship, team up with Groot and Rocket Raccoon to plot an escape from Knowhere, or launch into battle against the Sakaaran’s Necrocraft in the Starblaster with these action-packed LEGO playsets.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Rocket’s Tailspin Takedown by Hot Wheels ($14.99): Race the Rocket Raccoon-inspired character car down the mega drop and hit the lever to spin out and defeat Ronan and his two henchmen!
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Star-Lord Quad Blaster by Hasbro ($19.99): Lead the galaxy’s newest team of Super Heroes with the blaster based on Star-Lord’s signature weapon in the film. The Quad Blaster expands to reveal double blasters and fires four included NERF darts.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Rocket Raccoon Action Mask by Hasbro ($19.99): Enhance your role-play adventures with the Rocket Raccoon Action Mask – you can make the mask’s mouth, eyebrows and ears move for fun with the galaxy’s fiercest and funniest raccoon!
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Star-Lord Costume by Disney Store ($49.95): The intergalactic action will be epic with the Star-Lord costume – complete with coat, mask, gloves and pants available exclusively at the Disney Store and disneystore.com.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Tees by Mad Engine (Varies): Men and boys alike can rock out with these vintage-inspired Guardians of the Galaxy cotton tees that are out-of-this-world!
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Hoodie by Disney Store ($29.95): Young heroes will be dressed for action in this smart, warm hoodie, featuring detailed appliqués of Rocket, Groot, Star-Lord, and a portable tape player complete with headphones on the hood.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Rocket Raccoon Headphones by KidDesigns ($19.99): Rock out to your favorite tunes with these Rocket Raccoon headphones that feature an adjustable headband – including raccoon “ears” and “fur” – and incredible acoustic capabilities.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy iPhone Covers by Café Press ($24.50-35.00): Carry your favorite Guardians of the Galaxy character wherever you go with these extremely lightweight cases that provide both style and protection for your iPhone.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Tank by Her Universe ($28.00): This 80’s inspired Guardians of the Galaxy tank top was designed to celebrate all of the nods from the decade of rock.