Happy Haunts are materializing at New Orleans Square, preparing for much more than a swinging wake, as the Disney Parks Blog has just revealed that Disneyland Park will be the host of a special series of events to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of The Haunted Mansion. The after hours events, dubbed, “The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving”, will be filled with ghoulishly delightful surprises, merchandise offerings, and supernatural fun that is sure to die for.
The best part, you will be able to dress up in your spookiest attire, as this is a full costume soiree! Check out the event highlights below, courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog!
- Gather for a 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off moment along the Rivers of America. Madame Leota will make a special appearance to conjure up the ensuing party festivities, lovingly referred to as a “Swinging Wake.” Other supernatural surprises include a lively cavalcade of musicians, dancers and performers from beyond the grave.
- Re-create hauntingly fun moments and scenes from the attraction against themed backdrops. You’ll also receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the event.
- Enjoy event-themed food and beverages, in addition to other unique menu items available for purchase at select park locations.
- Mix and mingle with some of our dearly departed souls and otherworldly characters from the Haunted Mansion.
- Pay homage to 50 phenomenal years through themed décor as 999 tenants anxiously await their newest arrivals.
- Enjoy after-hours access to select attractions in New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland and Adventureland. Note: Select attractions will close early during the event.
- See and be seen while wearing attire inspired by your favorite happy haunts! Plus, limited-time Snapchat filters and event hashtags are great for pics posted on your social media feeds.
- Get your first look at all of the Estate Merchandise that has been conjured up for the event.
It was also revealed that only one ticket can be purchased per event date, per person, per transaction. The reason for this comes down to the merchandise offerings, which will be tired into the event ticket through a unique registration ID. This will make sure every guest has an opportunity to bring home a piece of the magic.
Tickets will go on sale on May 23rd at 10AM PT. Tickets are limited, so make sure to buy yours before they vanish into the boundless realm of the supernatural.