This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Universal Orlando has revealed additional details about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Diagon Alley expansion. Hogsmeade over at Islands of Adventure theme park and Diagon Alley and London at Universal Studios theme park will be connected by the Hogwarts Express train. Guests can ride the train between Hogsmeade Station in Hogsmeade and King’s Cross Station in London. This will mimic the considerable distance it takes to travel between these locations in the books and movies. Universal Orlando Guests can expect surprises on board the Hogwarts Express as well as views of London and the British countryside. A Park-to-Park ticket is required to travel between the 2 theme parks. The vision for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley is unprecedented, with Universal Orlando creating the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience.
After arriving at King’s Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express, Guests will pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway from the films into Diagon Alley – a bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle city. The signature attraction at Diagon Alley will be the groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts,which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults.
Universal Orlando also provided a sneak peek of the shops and restaurants that can be found at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.
Diagon Alley Shops and Restaurants:
- Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items. This will be located at Knockturn Alley, the darker side of Diagon Alley.
- Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC-one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone
- Leaky Cauldron, Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour, visit Harry Potter’s favorite ice cream parlour for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others
The Hogsmeade section of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be getting a slight makeover during the expansion process as well. Honeydukes will be expanding into the current Zonkos space while Zonkos merchandise will be relocated to Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley is expected to open Summer 2014. More details about this multi-park, immersive Harry Potter experience will be released over time.
When Heather isn’t busy sharing Planning tips about Walt Disney World, the Disneyland Resort, Universal Orlando, and more, you can find her planning Disney and Universal Orlando vacations. Contact her on Facebook at Heather Abbott-Agent with Destinations in Florida. For more info and to book your travel, use the Price Your Vacation Form in the Sidebar or click here. You can also call 877-918-8941 and ask for Heather to book. Make sure to mention that you were referred by Socalthrills.com! Safe travels everyone!