This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
This week marks the 20th anniversary of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, and to honor the epic saga’s beginning, we wanted to share 20 of our favorite and most memorable quotes from the film. Let’s set our coordinates to 1999 and see how many you can remember.
1. “Your focus determines your reality. Feel, don’t think. Use your instincts.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
2. “At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge!” – Darth Maul
3. “If they find us, they will crush us, grind us into tiny pieces, and blast us into oblivion!” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
4. “Now be brave, and don’t look back!” – Shmi Skywalker
5. “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
6. “I have come before you to resolve this attack on our sovereignty now. I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee!” – Queen Amidala
7. “Wipe them out. All of them!” – Darth Sidious
8. “Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering”. – Yoda
7. “Now viceroy, we will discuss a new treaty!” – Queen Amidala
8. “This is so wizard Annie!” – Kitster
9. “Why do I sense we’ve picked up another pathetic life form?” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
10. “Now this is pod racing!” – Anakin Skywalker
11. “You can’t stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting” – Shmi Skywalker
12. “There’s always a bigger fish!” – Qui-Gon Jinn
13. “I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war”. – Queen Amidala
14. “You were right about one thing master, the negotiations were short!” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
15. “Whenever you gamble my friend, eventually you’ll lose” – Qui-Gon Jinn
16. “Are you an Angel?
An Angel. I’ve heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the Moons of Iego I think. They are the most beautiful creatures in the universe.” – Anakin speaking to Padme
17. “The council has given me permission to train you. You will be a Jedi. I promise!” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
18. “Are you sure about this? Trusting our fate to a boy we hardly know? The Queen will not approve.
The Queen doesn’t need to know.
Well, I don’t approve!” – Padme speaking to Qui-Gon Jinn
19. “The boy is dangerous…they all sense it, why can’t you?” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
20. “Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.”
This year marks not only the anniversary of the saga’s beginning, but will also bring the Skywalker story to a close. Make sure to catch up on all things Star Wars from Galaxy’s Edge to Episode IX and in case you missed it, check out the full coverage of the Star Wars Episode I 20th Anniversary panel from Star Wars Celebration Chicago!
May the Force be with you!