This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Disney+, Disney Channel and National Geographic Content marked the Winter 2023 TCA Press Tour with a robust slate of premiere dates and first looks across linear and streaming. Panels showcased throughout the day included “American Born Chinese,” “Star Wars: The Bad Batch,” “Prom Pact,” “The Crossover,” “A Small Light,” “Explore the World with the Next Gen of Nat Geo Storytellers,” “Nat Geo Documentary Films Directors” and “Secrets of the Elephants.”
Premiere dates are below (in order of premiere date):
“Star Wars: The Bad Batch”
• Season Two Now Streaming With New Episodes on Wednesdays
Nat Geo Doc Films’ “Fire of Love,” “Retrograde,” “The Territory” and “The Flagmakers”
• Now Streaming on Disney+
“Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller”
• Season Two Premieres Jan. 18 at 9/8c on National Geographic, Next Day on Hulu
“The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder”
• Season Two Premieres With All Episodes Streaming on Feb. 1 on Disney+ (U.S. only, international to follow)
• “Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur”
• Premieres Friday, Feb. 10, on Disney Channel, With the First Six Episodes Streaming Wednesday, Feb. 15, on Disney+ (U.S. Only, International to Follow)
“A Small Light”
“A Small Light,” a powerful, eight episode limited series, tells the remarkable true story of 20 something secretary Miep Gies (Bel Powley), who didn’t hesitate when her boss Otto Frank (Liev Schreiber) asked her to hide him and his family from the Nazis during World War II. For the next two years, Miep, her husband Jan (Joe Cole) and several other everyday heroes watched over the eight souls hiding in the secret annex. It was Miep who found Anne Frank’s diary and preserved it so that she and Otto could later share it with the world. The series title comes from something Gies said late in her life: “I don’t like being called a hero because no one should ever think you have to be special to help others. Even an ordinary secretary or a housewife or a teenager can turn on a small light in a dark room.”
• Premieres Spring 2023 on National Geographic and Disney+
“American Born Chinese”
• Premieres Spring 2023 on Disney+
“Restaurants at the End of the World”
Adventurous chef, entrepreneur and global trailblazer Kristen Kish travels the world in search of the people, places, culture and traditions behind the world’s most remote restaurants. From local purveyors, farmers and herders to kitchen crew, managers and chefs, Kristen is going behind the scenes to meet the people, hear the stories and see the day-to-day balancing act required to keep food on the table in the most remote outposts on earth.
• Premieres Tuesday, March 21, on National Geographic; All Episodes Begin Streaming Spring 2023 on Disney+
• Premieres Thursday, March 30, at 8:00 p.m. EST/PST on Disney Channel; Next Day on Disney+ (U.S. only, international to follow)
• Premieres Tuesday, April 4, on Disney Channel and Wednesday, April 5, on Disney+ (U.S. only, international to follow)
“Secrets of the Elephants”
Elephants are powerful, loving and wise, but we are only starting to unlock their deepest secrets. The ground-breaking, award-winning natural history franchise “Secrets of” returns with its next installment, “Secrets of the Elephants.” From Academy Award®-winning filmmaker and National Geographic Explorer-at-Large James Cameron, the series travels the world — from the Savannahs of Africa to the urban landscapes of Asia — to discover the strategic thinking, complex emotions and sophisticated language of elephants, shaping a unique and dynamic culture. Narrated by Academy Award-winning actress Natalie Portman and featuring renowned National Geographic Explorer and elephant expert Dr. Paula Kahumbu, the four-part series not only reveals the extraordinary lives of different families of elephants but also highlights how similar they are to us. “Secrets of the Elephants” will change everything you thought you knew about elephants forever.
• Premieres Friday, April 21, on National Geographic, Next Day on Disney+ (U.S. only, international to follow)
“Extraordinary Birder with Christian Cooper”
Life-long birder Christian Cooper takes us into the wild, wonderful and unpredictable world of birds. Whether navigating rocky lava terrain in Hawaii for elusive honeycreepers, trekking into rainforests in Puerto Rico for parrots, or scaling a bridge in Manhattan for a peregrine falcon, he does whatever it takes Puerto learn about these extraordinary, feathered creatures and show us the remarkable world in the sky above.
• Premieres Saturday, June 17, on Nat Geo Wild, Summer 2023 on Disney+
“Never Say Never with Jeff Jenkins”
Travel journalist Jeff Jenkins didn’t step foot on a plane until he was 20 years old, but once he did, he started living by his mantra “life begins where your comfort zone ends.” His mission is to inspire those who look like him to travel without fear and push past their perceived limitations to experience everything the world has to offer. Never Say Never follows Jeff as he travels the world testing the limits of his physical abilities — from attempting to climb 70-foot mountain faces, to rafting class 5 rapids culminating in 20-foot drops, to sailing in a windstorm at the end of the world. Throughout his global odyssey Jeff makes deep connections with locals and learns not just about the world, but also about himself.
• Premieres Sunday, July 9, on National Geographic, Summer 2023 on Disney+