This post contains affiliate links and our team will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.
Galaxy Quest is back and better than ever.
Twenty years after their show was canceled, the stars of the Galaxy Quest TV series reluctantly cling to their glory years by appearing at sci-fi conventions and electronic store openings. However, when a distressed interstellar race mistakes the show for “historical documents”, Jason Nesmith (Tim Allen), ship commander, and his crew are unwittingly recruited to save them from a genocidal warlord.
By Grabthar’s hammer, the intrepid crew of the NSEA Protector is back in an all-new Deluxe Edition of the classic comedy GALAXY QUEST, arriving in our solar system May 12, 2009 on DVD from Paramount Home Entertainment. Featuring an out-of-this-world all-star cast including Tim Allen (Wild Hogs), Sigourney Weaver (Baby Mama), Alan Rickman (Sweeney Todd), Tony Shalhoub (“Monk”), Sam Rockwell (Confessions of a Dangerous Mind), Enrico Colantoni (“Just Shoot Me”), Daryl Mitchell (“Ed”) and Justin Long (He’s Just Not That Into You), this rollicking send-up of sci-fi fanaticism is as funny today as it was when it premiered in theaters 10 years ago.
The GALAXY QUEST Deluxe Edition DVD features a stellar array of all-new bonus material including new interviews with the actors and filmmakers discussing how the film came together and what they think of it today; a look at the extraordinarily talented and diverse cast; an exploration of the visual effects created by ILM and Stan Winston; the story of how the mannerisms of the Thermian race evolved; Sigourney Weaver rapping and so much more.
GALAXY QUEST Deluxe Edition DVD:
The GALAXY QUEST Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, Spanish 5.1 Surround and Thermian 2.0 Surround with English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus features include:
- Historical Documents: The Story of GALAXY QUEST—Actors and filmmakers discuss how GALAXY QUEST came together, why it still works today and what they think of the film 10 years later. Includes new interviews with Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, Daryl Mitchell, Justin Long, Missi Pyle, Enrico Colantoni and respected Star Trek feature film writer and director Nicholas Meyer.
- Never Give Up, Never Surrender: The Intrepid Crew of the NSEA Protector—This featurette celebrates one of the most talented and diverse casts of fake sci-fi actors of all time.
- By Grabthar’s Hammer, What Amazing Effects— Explores the special effects, visual effects and creature effects created by ILM and famed effects artist Stan Winston.
- Alien School – Creating the Thermian Race— The story of how actor Enrico Colantoni developed the voice and manner of an alien race.
- Actors in Space—Delves deep into the psyche of a cast the likes of which have never been seen together before.
- Sigourney Weaver Raps—Needs no further explanation.
- Deleted Scenes (previously released)
- Thermian Audio Track (previously released)
- Theatrical Trailer (previously released)